Friday 21 October 2011

Cinema & Ice Cream - Movies that satisfy your sweet tooth!

For me the big screen and snacks go hand in hand but I'll always choose a delectable ice cream treat over popcorn. As a veracious foodie, I like to feed my obsession further by watching films with enticing food scenes and if the food happens to be ice cream, even better! Here, I've compiled my top 5 movie list. If you guys can think of any great movies which involve ice cream feel free to drop me a comment.

1. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs


Make sure you're not on any sort of a diet when you watch this movie.There is no scene sweeter than waking up to gigantic scoops of yummy ice cream covering your house and neighbourhood. In this scene, Flint discovers how much fun it is throwing snowballs made from ice cream.

2. Hot Fuzz


Simon Pegg plays a super cop who is unwillingly transferred to a sleepy, small village because he's making the force look bad. As you know in cartoons when a light bulb appears above a characters head it signifies an idea or breakthrough. Well this scene illustrates how a Cornetto replaces the light bulb analogy and goes by the name of "brainwave". This is my most favourite scene in Hot Fuzz.

3. Little Miss Sunshine

http://movieclips.com/u3EYr-little-miss-sunshine-movie-olives-ice-cream/

Here, Greg Kinnear plays a well-meaning but deranged kind of a father who informs his 7 year old daughter Olive eating ice cream will make her fat and will inevitably damage her chances of winning Miss America. I recall rolling my eyes to heaven when I watched this scene and in defiance I helped myself to a second scoop of the good stuff. But I also found it very funny and touching when the rest of  the family rally around Olive and tempt her by diving into the ice cream until she can't resist anymore.

4. City Slickers

 
In this scene, we have an ice cream mogul who brags he knows the right ice cream flavour to suit any food for every occasion. My favourite quote City Slickers “Scoop of chocolate, scoop of vanilla, don’t waste my time” Oh to have that special skill- dinner parties will never be the same again. Certain wines complement the food it is eaten with, why not ice cream?

5. Not Another Teen Movie


Before Chris Evans was Captain America, he played a high school football star who tries to impress a girl by dressing up as a banana split. This scene cracks me up everytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment