Thursday 24 November 2011

Review of Franks Diabetic Vanilla Ice Cream



I was in Tesco doing my weekly grocery shopping when I spied Frank's Diabetic Vanilla. One usually sees special ice creams in the health food shop. Well I was looking for vanilla ice cream to make my some more oreo ice cream sandwiches(recipe in previous post) so I decided to test it out. The €2.69 price tag is comparable to other tubs of vanilla ice cream and very reasonable indeed for a 1 litre tub.
Verdict- it's gorgeous! The texture is the soft scoop type and very creamy. It's not too sweet but it tastes no different from other vanilla ice creams. According to the label it is also suitable for vegetarians and is gluten free. I took a peek at the ingredients and fructose is in it. Fructose is a sugar found in fruit and is often recommended to diabetics because of its low glycemic index (GI). My flatmate helped test it too and he gave it the thumbs up.

1 comment:

  1. Something has changed in Franks Diabetic Vanilla Ice Cream recently. We would always buy it as it was delicious and better than another leading Vanilla Ice Cream made in Cornwall.....however, Ive just bought another tub and it just tastes like iced water....Awful..... What have you done to this?

    ReplyDelete